[MOBY-dev] hierarchy and castings in Moby

Martin Senger martin.senger at gmail.com
Fri May 18 12:36:18 UTC 2007

You are asking actually two questions (both related):

1) Is it possible to register a different type for an existing member
article in an inherited data type? (Assuming that the new different type is
a sub-class of the existing one).

2) Is it possible to send data where an article member is actually a
subclass of the registered one.

The latter question (2) was recently (last month) discussed between Mark,
Eddie, Paul and me - and I believe most of us expressed willingness to
change our parsers (including the MoSeS parser) to support it. But the
decision to allow this kind of data will take place in the Vancouver meeting
this June.

I am not aware about any discussion of the former question (1). In order to
do so would require changes in the moby registry I guess.

   email: martin.senger at gmail.com