[MOBY-dev] Conceptual doubt about datatypes representation in resquests/responses

Iván Párraga García ivanp at mmb.pcb.ub.es
Thu May 17 16:07:53 UTC 2007

Hi,

I have a conceptual doubt and I've not been able to find an answer
reviewing the documentation. Let's say that we have a datatype dat with
three articleNames art1, art2, ar3 and a service whose return object is
this datatype. In the response object, is mandatory that for the object
dat to have the XML tags for all the article names even in any of them
is empty?

I mean this (imagine proper XML representation):

<Simple>
<dat>
<art1>anything1</art1>
<art2><anything</art2>
<art3/>
</dat>
</Simple>

---

<Simple>
<dat>
<art1>anything1</art1>
<art2><anything</art2>
</dat>
</Simple>

Both of these representations are equivalent and valid? or only the
first one?

Thanks,

Iván Párraga García
Computer Scientist
Molecular Modelling & Bioinformatics Unit
INB - Instituto Nacional de Bioinformática
Josep Samitier 1-5
08028 Barcelona
Spain
tel.: +34 93 403 71 55