[MOBY-dev] XML elements into serviceNote get scaped

Iván Párraga García ivanp at mmb.pcb.ub.es
Tue May 15 19:38:09 UTC 2007

Hi,

I get this behaviour in Dashboard & java command line client. The
service that produced it is not in production yet (so it's not in a
public server), but you can reproduce it with another one. For example:

MOBY_SERVER=http://moby-dev.inab.org/cgi-bin/MOBY-Central.pl
MOBY_URI=http://moby-dev.inab.org/MOBY/Central

serviceName: getActiveSiteInterfaceFromPDBId

and as input:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<moby:MOBY xmlns:moby='http://www.biomoby.org/moby'
xmlns='http://www.biomoby.org/moby'>
    <moby:mobyContent>
        <moby:mobyData moby:queryID='_inb_test_call_12456'>
            <moby:Simple moby:articleName='pdbCode'>
            <moby:Object moby:id='THIS_IS_NOT_A_GOD_ID'
moby:namespace='PDB'/>
            </moby:Simple>
        </moby:mobyData>
    </moby:mobyContent>
</moby:MOBY>

I've suffered these problems in the past with Java XML... Perhaps is
related  to the way the children nodes of serviceNotes elements are
created. Make sure you're adding Node objects and no String objects... I
don't remember exactly what the problem was, but it was related to this
kind of things.

Regards,

Iván Párraga García
Computer Scientist
Molecular Modelling & Bioinformatics Unit
INB - Instituto Nacional de Bioinformática
Josep Samitier 1-5
08028 Barcelona
Spain
tel.: +34 93 403 71 55