[MOBY-dev] dashboard

Martin Senger martin.senger at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 13:03:55 UTC 2007

> has dashboard any kind of cache with local classes??

There is special class loader in Dashboard. Which means, once a class is
loaded it is loaded, and the class loader involved does not check if there
is a newer version.

how can i remove that cache capability?

Just restart the Dashboard.

But if you need to do a lot of testing cycles, restarting the dashboard
would be boring and perhaps slow. In which case I would recommend to use the
command-line client (script run-cmdline-client, invoking MobyCmdLineClient).
I know you already asked how to make this client to work with multiple
inputs. The way to do it is to create a service input in XML using dashboard
(during testing the input usually does not change much, and if yes you still
can edit directly the XML file; for testing purposes it is fine), and then
call the command-line client with the following arguments:

   -scall <service-name> <input-xml>

You get back just raw XML - but again, for testing purposes it may be good
enough.

Or, even perhaps better (I forgot about it) is to use a specific
command-line client for calling services. This will give you help (and there
is a detailed documentation on Moses pages):

   build/run/run-service -help

Regards,

   email: martin.senger at gmail.com