[MOBY-dev] The hijacked jMoby meeting in Vancouver

Paul Gordon gordonp at ucalgary.ca
Mon Jun 4 14:50:36 UTC 2007

Hi all,

While I appreciate Mark's plaudits, he has stolen a bit of my thunder :-)

My Seahawk manuscript should be published on-line in the next couple of
weeks (it is now "accepted in principle" by the journal),
and in preparation for that, I am making some minor but critical updates
to the applet so it does not overload MobyCentral
as more people use it. I'll post to the mailing lists when this "public"
version is ready.  I will also setup somewhere where bugs can be
formally lodged by users.  This way I can be sure to fix them promptly!

The "auto-mobyfication" of any Web form is, alas, not part of Seahawk
yet.  While I have done prototyping of this (and hence the
convincing screenshots Mark saw), it is a few months away from going
into the public version.  Nevertheless, it is my primary focus
now and I am keen to unleash it on the world!

Regards,

Paul