[MOBY-dev] findService... how to ?

Andreas Groscurth groscurt at mpiz-koeln.mpg.de
Fri Jul 6 13:47:27 UTC 2007

Hi,

i keep the list busy ;-)

its just... I dont quite understand the findservice method....

as far as I understood it - with the following I get all services which has an
image as output and an AGI Locuscode as input

MobyDataObject object = new MobyDataObject( "" );
object.setPrimaryNamespace( new MobyNamespace( "AGI_LocusCode" ) );
service.addInput( object );
MobyDataObject dataObject = new MobyDataObject( "SimpleAnnotatedJPEGImage" );
MobyDataObjectSet set = new MobyDataObjectSet( "" );
set.add( dataObject );
service.addOutput( set );

MobyService[] services = central.findService( service, null, false, false );

this is an extract of what I get back

Service getTairRefsByAgi
Service getGOAccsByAGICode
Service genefarmGetGeneIDByAGI
Service PhytoprotGetByAGICode
Service getReporterImageByAGI_dev
Service getPMCIDsByAGI

why getPMCIDsByAGI ? why getGOAccsByAGICode ? and so on
both das not have any SimpleAnnotatedJPEGImage anywhere written....

Thanks
Andreas