[MOBY-dev] async services

Edward Kawas edward.kawas at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 15:41:03 UTC 2007

Hi,

I wanted to verify something. If a synchronous client calls an async
service, the async service is meant to act in synchronous mode, right? Of
the handful of services that I have seen that are asynchronous, I don't
believe that is the case. I believe that I have seen them return a message
that contained a job id, and not the 'normal' moby message.

This question is aimed mainly at the good folks at the inb, as I believe
they are the only ones to have implemented any real asynchronous services.

Thanks,

Eddie

 ***CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE***

 This electronic message is intended only for the use of the addressee and
may contain information that is privileged and confidential. Any
dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication by unauthorized
individuals is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication
in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete
the original and all copies from your system.