[MOBY-dev] gbrowse moby Asynchronous service support

Romina Royo rroyo at lsi.upc.edu
Wed Feb 21 05:48:58 UTC 2007

Hello Mark,

I just registered another 'moby-async' service: runNCBIBlastp (inb.bsc.es).

When I try to execute it (with an AminoAcidSequence previously retrieved
by getFeatureAASequence
(inb.bsc.es)), it doesn't seem to do anything... I'm afraid I'm not
recieving any requests on my side (I checked
temporal directories and apache logs).

By the way, we're going through some changes in our node. We're
replacing the remote machine where most
of our services were executed. So this service is not quite working.
Instead of the blast report it should reply
with: error 600, A generic error during internal processing (Basically,
it tries to access the remote machine but
since it is not accessible it returns this error; it takes about 5
minutes, so I use it to test asynchrony).

And a minor thing: the 'Configure Parameters' button. I tried it with
Firefox and IExplorer. The window is
too small in both browsers and it is not resizable so it's hard to use
it. That's probably because I have obsolete
versions of these browsers though :-)

Thanks!
Romina