[MOBY-dev] New Perl Client::Service Function

mark wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Sat Feb 10 02:59:04 UTC 2007

Just a heads-up that I just committed a new function to the MOBY::Client::Service module "enumerated_execute", that allows the client to set the queryID's (as opposed to them being autogenerated by the module).

This is more reflective of how we (I?) envisioned that service execution should happen, since there is a need for the client to be able to keep track of which inputs led to which outputs in a multi-invocation service call.  I know that this should have been an available function years ago... Sorry!!  The Java code (eg Taverna) already does this, but I have been negligent in adding this functionality on the Perl side.

INB folks, you may want to "mirror" this functionality in your Async Perl module...

I haven't tested it (because I wrote it in the pub just now ;-) ) but it was only a small modification from what we had already so I'm fairly sure it will work.  I'm going to test it tomorrow, but if any brave mobyers are bored on a Friday night (why would that be??) And want to try it themselves please let me know if it works for you!

Cheers all!

Mark Wilkinson
...on the road!