[MOBY-dev] Updates to MOBY Central

Edward Kawas edward.kawas at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 23:12:54 UTC 2007

Pieter,

Okay, I have committed a fix.

It should be backwards compatible.

Let me know if this works for you!

Eddie

-----Original Message-----
From: moby-dev-bounces at lists.open-bio.org
[mailto:moby-dev-bounces at lists.open-bio.org] On Behalf Of Pieter Neerincx
Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2007 2:16 PM
To: Core developer announcements
Subject: Re: [MOBY-dev] Updates to MOBY Central

On  08 Feb 2007, at 22:47, Mark Wilkinson wrote:

> Hmmmm... that DUMP subroutine has always been a bit "odd" compared
> to the
> rest of the API (actually... is it even IN the API?).

Yeah it's bit of a weird one, but it's also extremely useful for
duplicating a Central :).

> I guess if it is
> causing problems now then it should be fixed properly.

> On Thu, 08 Feb 2007 12:58:02 -0800, Edward Kawas
> <edward.kawas at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Pieter,
>>
>> You are right. The serializer (MOBY::SOAP::Serializer) expects a
>> string.
>> have fixed it, but I think that my patch is very sub optimal. What
>> I did
>> was
>> wrap the code contained in
>>
>> do {
>> } if $_[1] =~ /^(?:method|response)$/;
>>
>> With:
>> do {
>>   do {
>>   } unless ref($_[3]) =~ /ARRAY/;
>> } if $_[1] =~ /^(?:method|response)$/;
>>
>> This seems to work, i.e. I see something in the soap trace. However,
>> when I
>> attempt to use the array ref, things don't work for me ... I am
>> wondering if
>> I should encode the strings in the array!?!

I guess. If the BioMOBY Perl libs are not encoding the strings in the
array and the new serializer is not doing that either it must cause
trouble with not escaped characters...

I'll try to dig further tomorrow.

Cheers,

Pi

>> Thoughts anyone?
>>
>> Eddie

Wageningen University and Research centre (WUR)
Laboratory of Bioinformatics
Transitorium (building 312) room 1038
Dreijenlaan 3
6703 HA Wageningen