[MOBY-dev] The "erroneous" RDF agent report that many of you received

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Sat Feb 3 18:36:44 UTC 2007

Hi all,

Apologies for the erroneous RDF agent report that many of you will have
received overnight.  Something happened yesterday that we cannot yet
explain, but it resulted in many of the Namespaces being modified in the
database and appended with a "_" character.  According to the API this
should be impossible for namespaces that are in use, but somehow it
happened anyway.  The test suite has a case for this, and it seems to pass
the test, so I don't know how it happened....??  I've looked at the access
logs to MOBY Central and can't see anything obvious there either.

Anyway, it's a mystery for the moment.  The same thing happened about a
year ago, and we weren't able to determine it's cause then either... it
seems to be a recurring, but rare problem.

The affected namespaces are listed below.  Anyone with a service that uses
any of these namespaces will have received an RDF Agent report of failed
lookup.  PLEASE IGNORE THIS REPORT - you do not have to do anything.  I
have solved the problem at the SQL level.  If the list below looks
familiar to any of you, please let me know as I would like to track-down
the source of this problem.

Thanks!

Mark

CGEN