[MOBY-dev] Calling moby-async category services

Paul Gordon gordonp at ucalgary.ca
Thu Dec 20 19:54:26 UTC 2007

Hi Sylvie,

The current class that implements asynchronous service calls is
MobyRequest (via AsyncClient).  You can find both synchronous and
asynchronous services by setting the Service category to the empty
string ("") before calling CentralImpl.  As Martin mentions below, the
mechanism currently used to run asynchronous services will change next
year (so there will probably be other ways to call async services
introduced), but the MobyRequest API will not need to change.
MobyRequest handles both synchronous and asynchronous calls transparently.

Regards,

Paul