[MOBY-dev] Taverna Moby Problems

Pieter Neerincx Pieter.Neerincx at wur.nl
Tue Dec 18 13:56:09 UTC 2007

Hi Andreas,

I know Eddie is working on this. There is also the issue that
fetching the data to do a semantic search can be extremely slow right
now. Eddie told me he will implement some caching for the data types
similar to how the services are cached. A new Taverna 1.7 that
contains fixes for these issues was announced for monday December 17
(yesterday). Apparently it's delayed a bit, but you'll probably see
it very soon.

In case soon is not soon enough: we had a course last week with a
Taverna and BioMOBY workshop. Fortunately Eddie was there :) and I
have a patched Taverna 1.6.2 we used for that course. It has the
speed issue described above, bu apart from that it's fully
functional. Let me know if you need copy...

Cheers,

Pi

On 18-dec-2007, at 14:30, Andreas Groscurth wrote:

> Hi,
>
> since the movement of Moby we have severe problems with Taverna and
> Moby.
>
> When taverna tries to retrieve information about a dataobject (e.g.
> in the
> 'Brief search' for matching services), we always run into a
> NullPointerException with the message "Cannot parse MOBY Object
> Ontology" in
>
> org.biomoby.shared.extended.DataTypeParser.getMobyDataTypesFromRDF
>

> My guess is, that there is somehow the 'old' pre-movement code and
> because of
> that its not working.
>
> If so - I would be more than glad and thankfull if one can repair
> these
> asap... we are working currently a lot with taverna and like to
> present it
> (and moby) to our students... but in this state its not really
> presentable :-(
>
> Hope this can be fixed soon.
>
> Thanks
> andreas
>
> --
> Andreas Groscurth
> Bioinformatics Developer
> Max Planck Institute for Plant Breeding Research
> Carl-von-Linné-Weg 10
> 50829 Cologne
> Germany
> E-mail:    groscurt at mpiz-koeln.mpg.de
> Phone:    +49(0)221-5062-449

Wageningen University and Research centre (WUR)
Laboratory of Bioinformatics
Transitorium (building 312) room 1034

Dreijenlaan 3
6703 HA Wageningen