[MOBY-dev] Registering a MOBY service

Martin Senger martin.senger at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 17:43:52 UTC 2006

> If I try to register a service in dashboard where I escape the &

You are not supposed to escape anything. Whatever you put in the text field
with the sevice URL, will be delivered, properly escaped, to the registry.
So if you want to have an ampersand in the URL, you put there just
ampersand. If you - from whatever reasons - want to have a strange UYL that
contains something like:

   http://what.com/strange?yes&dear

you put it there and it is again delivers properly to the registry (btw, as:

   http://what.com/strange?yes&dear

which is correct).

> Anyways, if I register a service with &, a find service (using a perl
> client)
> returns &

But it should not. It should return a valid XML string - and a string with a
un-escaped ampersand is not a valid XML string. The rgistry should return
& instead.

What am I missing?

Perhaps someone else can enter this discussion and try to explain it better
than I do. (Unless, of course, I am missing something). Or skype me... (user
name 'thesengers').

But the problem is important to be solved soon. I would say, it is utgent.

   email: martin.senger at gmail.com