[MOBY-dev] [moby] Re: RDF deregistration

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Wed Sep 27 16:29:54 UTC 2006

I guess before we switch on that last bit of functionality we should ask
if anyone has noticed anything unusual in the Agent behaviour that they
haven't said anything about on the list.  I've been using it for my own
services for the past couple of weeks, and it seems to be well-behaved
so far, but if anyone has noticed anything nasty, now is the time to say
so!

Cheers all!

On Wed, 2006-09-27 at 07:38 -0700, Edward Kawas wrote:
> Hi Dirk,
>
> So the agent, right now, is configured to only remove services when it is called
> by registerService with only the signatureURL portion of the message filled in.
> When the agent runs off the cron, it is configured only to update services and
> not to remove them. This was done as a preventative measure, but I don't think
> that it is still necessary to do this.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Eddie

Mark Wilkinson
Asst. Professor, Dept. of Medical Genetics
University of British Columbia
PI in Bioinformatics, iCAPTURE Centre
St. Paul's Hospital, Rm. 166, 1081 Burrard St.
Vancouver, BC, V6Z 1Y6
tel: 604 682 2344 x62129
fax: 604 806 9274

"Since the point of a definition is to explain the meaning of a term to
   someone who is unfamiliar with its proper application, the use of
language that doesn't help such a person learn how to apply the term is
 pointless. Thus, "happiness is a warm puppy" may be a lovely thought,
                     but it is a lousy definition."
                                                                Köhler et al, 2006