[MOBY-dev] Verifying data

Paul Gordon gordonp at ucalgary.ca
Fri Sep 22 21:59:50 UTC 2006

I think the ideal solution is to base the Service RDF's "isAlive" tag on
whether the service pings or not.  This won't "break" anything.  If the
person actively reads this list, they'll update their service.  If they
don't update their service, it works just as before, only
isAlive=false.  I can then turn isAlive filtering on or off in my client
software according to my whim.

 If you're really hung up on semantics, we could add a isAPICompatible
or something of the sort instead of usurping isAlive...