[MOBY-dev] Verifying data

Paul Gordon gordonp at ucalgary.ca
Fri Sep 22 21:11:27 UTC 2006

On another note, last month we talked about a "ping".  Can we enshrine
this in the API?  The current service input doc:

http://biomoby.open-bio.org/CVS_CONTENT/moby-live/Docs/MOBY-S_API/InputMessage.html

implies you need at least one input.  Anyone mind if a I add a little
paragraph saying how a blank mobyContent must be replied with
mobyData-less response?  Or does someone object to enforcing this?
Should we do an RFC intsead?  I realize it might not be backward
compatible for a few working services, but it'll be SO useful to get rid
of all the dead links in clients...the RDF isAlive could be based on this...