[MOBY-dev] [moby] Example of a response message with SOAP envelope

Javier de la Torre jatorre at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 22:16:07 UTC 2006

Hi Mark,

Thanks for this. I finally used a tracing program to see the
interaction with some services. Now I am happy to announce that our
software, PyWrapper, can serve BioMOBY services based on templates.
We will have a release of the software with BioMOBY support by the
end of the month, and then probably, and hopefully!, you will start
seeing  lot of new services appearing on the registry.

But I have to ask... why are you sending the MOBY xml as an escaped
string? I understand that you can not create a fix XML schema for the
whole thing but at least you can have a simple schema with a
mobyContent element and a xsd:any on it right?
In any case, why are you using SOAP? Just for the error handling? The
services like this does not look very interoperable with anything but
BioMOBY clients.

Is actually just curiosity....

Javier.