[MOBY-dev] BioMOBY Asynchronous Service Call Proposal v2.2 - <wsa:Action> tag missing for GetResourceProperty requests

Johan Karlsson johan at ac.uma.es
Mon Sep 18 09:40:59 UTC 2006

Martin Senger wrote:
> Sorry, I was not able to read the new proposal when it came. I am still not
> able to read it in all details (I am traveling and will be actually
> completely off-line next two weeks) - but I think that the proposal is fine
> and I would for with it. Thanks for creating it.
>
> Just two comments:
>
> I agree that storing the fact that a service is able to be called
> asynchronously should be part of the service registration process. That
> would simplify everything. But I do not fully understand why it cannot be
> done only by registering a service with a new category (moby-async, as
> suggested). Why do we need a new boolean parameter for it? Why do we need
> 'hasCallingDetail" - here again a new category should be enough. What am I
> missing?

Sorry, missed to answer this comment.

Yes, you are right, in the RDF for service instances there is a
predicate called dc:format. Currently, the only allowed value is
"BioMoby_service" (I guess this is related to the allowed _three_ values
in the registration 'moby', 'cgi' and 'soap'). Could someone with good
insight of how this was originally designed let us know if it is ok to
add another allowed value to this predicate (dc:format)? It says
something that this is an ontology term from the myGrid ontology?

http://biomoby.open-bio.org/index.php/for-developers/moby_extensions/moby_metadata

Or is there a good argument for keeping the 'hasCallingDetail'?

Kind regards,
Johan

--
Johan Karlsson
Instituto Nacional de Bioinformática (INB)