[MOBY-dev] RDF agent

Edward Kawas edward.kawas at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 19:42:17 UTC 2006

Hi Again,

The agent has been updated once again and the updates have been deployed.

Key changes to the agent include:
	1. LSIDs are ignored by the agent. So the old prerequisite of having to
modify the services LSID to cause the agent to process an update is gone.
	2. Services that have null signature urls are considered test services
and are not processed.
	3. Messages received from the agent are more concise (hopefully) and to
the point.
	4. One message is sent to a single address outlining the changes to all
services mapped to that address, instead of one message per service being sent
out.
	5. Services found to be described by 2 different signatureURL are not
processed (security reasons).

Hopefully the agent wont upset anyone this time and I wont have to spend too
much time filtering out the hate mail ;-)

On Friday, I will invoke the agent on the registry and service providers may get
a message regarding their services if their services have been updated, removed
or if new services have been found in their RDF documents.

If you have already downloaded the service description RDF, I would encourage
you to use the agent test page at:
http://bioinfo.icapture.ubc.ca/ekawas/agent/RDFAgent_test.html.

I have noticed during the testing of the agent, that some peoples
default/max/min values for secondary parameters are not in sync with the
registry. This may be on purpose, but I wanted to give you all a heads up. Using
the test page, you can verify the inputs/outputs for your service.

If you have any concerns, please let me know!

Thanks,

Eddie