[MOBY-dev] [moby] Re: exception reporting

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Fri Jun 30 17:30:53 UTC 2006

Excellent!

Cheers!

On Fri, 2006-06-30 at 14:38 +0200, Bjoern Usadel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I hope I did, as announced, in CommonSubs 1.91.
>
> In responseHeader you now can use the additional variable -exception which should be xml encoded.
> To get this xml encoded message for one exception I added a sub
> encodeException
>     -refElement => 'refers to the queryID of the offending input mobyData',
>     -refQueryID => 'refers to the articleName of the offending input Simple or Collection'
>     -severity=>'error'
>     -exceptionCode=>'An error code '
>     -exceptionMessage=>'a human readable description for the error code'
>
> And then there is getExceptions.
>
> /all theses subs should be perldoced
>
> All services at authority "mapman.mpimp-golm.mpg.de" should use exception reporting (central& testing ones, so if someone from the Java fraction wants to check this I would be happy.
>
> Cheers,
> Björn
>
> PS Currently I am on a conference I will include a perl example in the docs when coming back.

Mark Wilkinson
Asst. Professor, Dept. of Medical Genetics
University of British Columbia
PI in Bioinformatics, iCAPTURE Centre
St. Paul's Hospital, Rm. 166, 1081 Burrard St.
Vancouver, BC, V6Z 1Y6
tel: 604 682 2344 x62129
fax: 604 806 9274

"For most of this century we have viewed communications as a conduit,
       a pipe between physical locations on the planet.
What's happened now is that the conduit has become so big and interesting
      that communication has become more than a conduit,
       it has become a destination in its own right..."

                Paul Saffo - Director, Institute for the Future