[MOBY-dev] [moby] XML registration

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Tue Jun 27 15:31:10 UTC 2006

Hi Antonio,

I agree that, in hindsight, it would have made more sense for those two
blocks of XML to be identical, but they are not.  As such, at the moment
you will need to do a small amount of manipulation to derive the
registerService XML from the findService XML.

I'm going to bounce this over to Eddie, since this problem *HAS* been
solved with the RDF-based registration, which is an extension of the
MOBY API but not yet part of the official API.  Nevertheless, I believe
that the functionality exists and is bug-free in the current codebase,
so if you wanted to "live on the edge" you could use it.

Eddie will be able to indicate what the state of that code is, and when
it will become an official part of the API.

On Mon, 2006-06-26 at 13:06 +0200, "Antonio J. Pérez" wrote:
>     Hi, I am trying to register a service from a XML file using the Perl
> API. But the XML coming from findService function is different to that
> accepted by registerService. Is there any way to register a new service
> from the XML given by registerService?
>     Thanks in advance,
>
>     Antonio.

Mark Wilkinson
Asst. Professor, Dept. of Medical Genetics
University of British Columbia
PI in Bioinformatics, iCAPTURE Centre
St. Paul's Hospital, Rm. 166, 1081 Burrard St.
Vancouver, BC, V6Z 1Y6
tel: 604 682 2344 x62129
fax: 604 806 9274

"For most of this century we have viewed communications as a conduit,
       a pipe between physical locations on the planet.
What's happened now is that the conduit has become so big and interesting
      that communication has become more than a conduit,
       it has become a destination in its own right..."

                Paul Saffo - Director, Institute for the Future