[MOBY-dev] Versioning of LSID's + vote on RFC 1913 & 1914

Paul Gordon gordonp at ucalgary.ca
Mon Jan 30 14:55:40 UTC 2006

Actually, when you use ms since the epoch, it doesn't matter what time
zone you are in, because the epoch is defined as Jan 1 00:00 Greenwich
Mean Time.  So if I'm Mountain Standard Time, the epoch was Dec 31 17:00
1969.  Any date I calculate today will be set back 7 hours to reflect my
time zone, but so is the epoch.  Even-Steven.