[MOBY-dev] sequence datatypes

Paul Gordon gordonp at ucalgary.ca
Tue Dec 12 21:40:45 UTC 2006

Hi Nassib,

I looked at the presentation, and I'm not sure why you can't just use a
VirtualSequence instead.  You can then have all of the combinations you
want, as long as you register the namespaces:

<VirtualSequence articleName="foo" namespace="renci_global" id="bar">
<Integer articleName="Length" namespace="" id="">1500</Integer>
</VirtualSequence>

<VirtualSequence articleName="foo" namespace="renci_user" id="baz">
<Integer articleName="Length" namespace="" id="">1500</Integer>
</VirtualSequence>

<VirtualSequence articleName="foo" namespace="NCBI_gi" id="123456">
<Integer articleName="Length" namespace="" id="">1500</Integer>
</VirtualSequence>

<DNASequence articleName="foo" namespace="any" id="qux">
<Integer articleName="Length" namespace="" id="">1500</Integer>
<String articleName="SequenceString" namespace="" id="">ATG...</String>
</DNASequence>

etc., etc.