[MOBY-dev] Moby objects in Taverna. Where do they come from?

Pieter Neerincx Pieter.Neerincx at wur.nl
Mon Sep 26 11:40:20 UTC 2005

Hi Eddie,

I've got it up and running. I have now idea what went wrong exactly,
but I suspect some misconfiguration in Tomcat. I also switched from
IBM's Java implemntation to Sun's. Had apparently both installed by
default, but my Tomcat was out of the box using IBM's Java stuff. Now
with Sun's Java I do have to type 'java -jar install.jar' for the
servlets installer, just like you documented. Furthermore I have
Apache configured as frontend for Tomcat now, so I can use port 443
for https making the whole work again through our firewall. I have
only one issue left:

When I append my local central to my mygrid.properties file for
Taverna, I have the old behaviour: hence services from my local
central, but objects from  the central central. When I remove my
local central and add it again using right-click -> add biomoby
scavanger, I get the desired behaviour with both services and objects
from my local central. It's a bit inconvenient to have to load your
mobycentral manually all the time :(, but apart from that
inconvenience it works :). Very nice to see this code in action,
thanks for the help!

I will document my experience and propose this as an update for the
page at: http://www.biomoby.org/InstallingMOBYCentral.html if this is
Ok with you.

Cheers,

Pieter