[MOBY-dev] API for retrieving namespaces insufficient

Martin Senger senger at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Sep 19 07:41:33 UTC 2005

Mark,
   I know that the registry API can be replaced by its RDF representation,
but it is still an API and we are using it a lot (because for simple
requests it will be always faster than retrieving the whole RDF
document). That's why I would like to make it better. One missing thing
(actually a 'sink' :-)) is that you register some attributes for a
namespace but there is no way to get it back (that's why I said '
sink'). For example, authority. I suggest that you could add it to the
object returned from retrieveNamespaces. Do it for me please...

   Add there something like please:
           <contactEmail>your_name at contact.address.com</contactEmail>
           <authURI>Your.URI.here</authURI>

   Does anybody object?
   If not, could Eddie make it soon please (well, I mean now :-)?

   The same applies, of course, for service types. These two (and, afaik,
only these two) sinks exist in the current API).

   Many thanks,

   email: martin.senger at gmail.com
   skype: martinsenger
consulting for:
   International Rice Research Institute
   Biometrics and Bioinformatics Unit
   DAPO BOX 7777, Metro Manila
   Philippines, phone: +63-2-580-5600 (ext.2324)