[MOBY-dev] taverna update

Eddie Kawas ed.kawas at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 00:04:26 UTC 2005

Hi,

I have modified the Moby plugin and I was wondering if
Moby'ers would like to try it and let me know what you
think?

I basically added the ability to add Moby objects, and the
objects that are contained within the object in the form of
has(a), to the workflow.

I also added some new things to the popup window that arises
when you context (right) click the Moby object/service
processor in the 'advance model explorer'. When the window
pops up, there is a context menu for certain nodes in the
tree that allows you to add services/datatypes to the
workflow, after 'discovering' them.

I think that it's better just to try it out. The one
downside is that you can only use the Vancouver based
Mobycentral registry (since I am taking advantage of recent
api additions).

The link to this 'new' taverna is:
http://bioinfo.icapture.ubc.ca/ekawas/taverna-workbench-1.2.
zip

I would first suggest that you ensure that your old
workflows work and then try creating workflows using the
'enhancements'. If you have any problems/suggestions, let me
know.

Thanks,

Eddie