[MOBY-dev] Moby objects in Taverna. Where do they come from?

Edward Kawas edward.kawas at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 14:43:32 UTC 2005

Hi,

For the Taverna workbench, download it temporarily from
http://bioinfo.icapture.ubc.ca/ekawas/taverna-workbench-1.2.
zip
This version contains my changes (the ones that are in the
Taverna CVS).

The Moby api actually now has a method in it called
getResources (or something similar to that) that returns the
locations of these documents for a registry. So in the newly
updated version of the plugin, I have removed the textbox
that asks for this url and replaced it with an api call.
(a description on the Moby plugin can be found at
http://bioinfo.icapture.ubc.ca/ekawas/guide/biomobyworker.ht
ml but is being changed to reflect the api calling).

You are correct in saying that we are moving towards having
Services and datatypes described by RDF.

Finally, as for the servlet installation, if you are
interested, I can guide you through this relatively painless
procedure. I would just need to update certain files that
you need to download and you would have to install tomcat.

Eddie