[MOBY-dev] jMoby small update & a windows question

Martin Senger senger at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Sep 13 07:56:14 UTC 2005

I have updated library alltools2.jar - so please when you use jMoby next
time start with: ./build.sh (or ./build.bat).

I wonder if people familiar with windows can answer my question about
windows scripts:

The script is build/run/run-cmdline-client.bat (but the same applies to
all other .bat scripts there). It does not work if your PROJECT_HOME is a
directory with whitespaces, like
   C:\Document and Settings\martin\Desktop\jMoby

I have already added there a lot of double quotes - so it "almost" works
now, but not yet. The problem is the line:

for %%i in (%PROJECT_HOME%\lib\*.jar) do call "%PROJECT_HOME%\cp.bat" %%i

where I do not know how to put quotes arround the first %PROJECT_HOME%. If
I quote is, the '*.jar' part does not seem to expand as expected.

I solved it for now with a workaround: First I do cd "%PROJECT_HOME%", and
then I can remove the %PROJECT_HOME% from all other places. But I still
wonder how I should write it without this workaround. Does anybody know
how to do it?

Thanks,

   email: martin.senger at gmail.com
   skype: martinsenger
consulting for:
   International Rice Research Institute
   Biometrics and Bioinformatics Unit
   DAPO BOX 7777, Metro Manila
   Philippines, phone: +63-2-580-5600 (ext.2324)