[MOBY-dev] Martin's comments on the MOBY API docs

José María Fernández González jmfernandez at cnb.uam.es
Mon Sep 5 15:26:09 UTC 2005

Martin Senger wrote:
>>for a XML Schema I developed using Pollo (see
>>http://www.pdg.cnb.uam.es/ORIEL/iHOP-XML-ORIEL.html).
>>

>    That's exactly I was hoping in... Good examples.
>    Just tell me where the pieces of documentation come from? I guess they
> must come from the XSD file itself - is there a "documentation" tag for
> it, or what?

Yes, it is. XML Schema allows you to create a xsd:annotation inside
almost any XML Schema tag (attribute and element declarations, keys,
etc...), and inside xsd:annotation you can add one or more
xsd:documentation tags. If you look inside
http://www.pdg.cnb.uam.es/ORIEL/iHOP-XML.xsd, you will see the
xsd:documentation tag.

David uses XMLSpy and he has told me that XMLSpy documentation is
translated to xsd:documentation tags when a XML Schema is generated.

	Best Regards,
		José María

José María Fernández González		e-mail: jmfernandez at cnb.uam.es
Tlfn:	(+34) 91 585 54 50		Fax:	(+34) 91 585 45 06
Grupo de Diseño de Proteinas		Protein Design Group
Centro Nacional de Biotecnología	National Center of Biotechnology
C.P.: 28049				Zip Code: 28049
C/. Darwin nº 3 (Campus Cantoblanco, U. Autónoma), Madrid (Spain)