[MOBY-dev] problem with article names?

Martin Senger senger at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Sep 2 13:13:18 UTC 2005

> Can you explain this a little more because I don’t
> understand what you are trying to say.

   So perhaps I am on a wrong track. But here it is:

   A service has to have article names for its inputs and outputs
(according the new API).
   An example: MyService produces GenericSequence with an article name
"Sequence". YourService is registered as consumig also GenericSequence but
with an article name "QuerySequence".
   I put in Taverna a workflow: MyService --> YourService.
   MyService produces a GenericSequence with a name "Sequence" - because
that's how it was registered. YourSequence gets data from MySequence. It
expect an article name "QuerySequence" but wht it gets is a sequence with
an article name "Sequence". YourService starts to wonder what the hell
should I do with it?
   Because if YourService is able to accept any name, then why we bother
to have them at all?
   Thsi is a situation, most common situation, where a service has only
one input and one output.

   email: martin.senger at gmail.com
   skype: martinsenger
consulting for:
   International Rice Research Institute
   Biometrics and Bioinformatics Unit
   DAPO BOX 7777, Metro Manila
   Philippines, phone: +63-2-580-5600 (ext.2324)