[moby] Re: [MOBY-dev] mobycentral down?

Mark Wilkinson mwilkinson at mrl.ubc.ca
Tue Feb 8 18:32:08 UTC 2005

Strange... I am having no problems with it today.  It passes all tests
both on the development and production server from a remote connection
to mobycentral.pl, and the CGI browser is working properly (local
connection).

I do notice, however, that the services that rely on SeqHound are...
errr... not working properly is a mild way to say it ;-)  but that isn't
a MOBYCentral problem and I'm sure the SeqHound staff are already aware
of the problem.

...????  i dunno

I'll keep my eye on it for the rest of the day to see if i notice
anything unusual.  I wonder if it the same problem we have seen a few
times in the past few months with connections from Europe being
blocked??  We can't seem to track that one down - it is not happening on
our machines, we know that for sure... it is something elsewhere.

On Tue, 2005-02-08 at 09:35, Gary Schiltz wrote:
> Something indeed seems to be awry:
>
> wget -S -O - http://mobycentral.cbr.nrc.ca/cgi-bin/MOBY05/mobycentral.pl
>
> --10:30:24--  http://mobycentral.cbr.nrc.ca/cgi-bin/MOBY05/mobycentral.pl
>            => `-'
> Resolving mobycentral.cbr.nrc.ca... 198.166.4.151
> Connecting to mobycentral.cbr.nrc.ca[198.166.4.151]:80... connected.
> HTTP request sent, awaiting response...
>  1 HTTP/1.1 411 Length Required
>  2 Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 17:30:25 GMT
>  3 Server: Apache/1.3.29 (Unix) mod_perl/1.29
>  4 Connection: close
>  5 Content-Type: text/plain
> 10:30:25 ERROR 411: Length Required.
>
> // Gary
>
> Duncan Hull wrote:
>
> > Dear moby-devvers
> >
> > Is anyone else having a problem getting to
> > http://mobycentral.cbr.nrc.ca/cgi-bin/MOBY05/mobycentral.pl
> >
> > ???
> >
> > Duncan
Mark Wilkinson