[MOBY-dev] Question on parser

Chunyan Wang wangch at cpsc.ucalgary.ca
Mon Aug 29 17:44:34 UTC 2005

Hi all,
I have a question about the parser. I am working on making my service to
take mutiple sequences (up to 5000 and more) input. When I tested on 800
sequences, the time to take the parser to parse a 800 sequences is about
3 mins and 32 seconds. It took 14 mins to parse a 2000 sequences. It
seems to take longer time when the input sequence size increases. Is
this normal?
I think the time should not be too much difference for parsing different
size sequence input.
Could anybody explain this "problem" to me? Thanks.

Joyce