[MOBY-dev] Changes in the 0.86API

Martin Senger senger at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Aug 4 15:47:59 UTC 2005

> >    Back to article names: I remember that in Malaga the ICN people had
> > talked about their incoming proposal for more decent error handling in
> Eeek!  I don't remember that...  Can you recall why this was necessary?

   no, you were not there - it was the last meeting when Eddie and me were
involved; perhaps Eddie remembers their suggestion, or to whom contact
abou it (afaik they have not sent it  yet)

> I guess the "safe" way to handle that would be to add a "type" attribute to the
> <Resource...> tag indicaing the MIME type of the document that is behind the URL

   yes; and to allow returning several <resource...> tags for the same
resource name but with a different type;
   (Contra my recent advise: could you make it - so I can added it to
jmoby :-)  ... btw, jMoby already has the current way, without any
compression, but I will wait for your reply before committing it
tomorrow.)

Martin Senger    martin.senger at gmail.com

International Rice Research Institute
Biometrics and Bioinformatics Unit
DAPO BOX 7777, Metro Manila
Philippines, phone: +63-580-5600 (ext.2324)