[MOBY-dev] Changes in the 0.86API

Paul Gordon gordonp at ucalgary.ca
Thu Aug 4 14:56:22 UTC 2005

>2)  Inheritence from primitive classes is now forbidden and this is enforced by
>the MOBY Central code.

May I humbly suggest that Boolean be considered primitive?  I registered
this object last week.

>3)  Collections may now only contain one type of Simple (I don't think anyone
>uses it any other way, so no worries)

Let me understand this though, if I declare a Collection of Objects, I
should still be able to shove anything in there.  If I declare a
Collection of VirtualSequences, I should be able to put
AminoAcidSequences and DNASequences in it.  Otherwise we break the
operational transparency of inheritence...