[MOBY-dev] Re: about service deregistation once again (a bug?)

Martin Senger senger at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Sep 24 19:26:57 UTC 2004

> >Nina explained that the agent would not go to a service that had been
> >registered without signatureURL, neither to a service that had been
> >registered with an empty signatureURL tag (such as
> ><signatureURL></signatureURL>).
> >

> Aren't these two statements identical?

   C'mon, of course, they are not.
   I can send a registration without any signatureURL tag, at all, or I
can send it with <signatureURL></signatureURL>.
   However, it does not matter anymore, see below...

> >However, the old-fashioned deregistration call will be rejected for
> >services that had been registered with an empty signatureURL, telling you
> >that the agent would take care about it. Which would not - see paragraph
> >above.
> >

> Unless it is not functioning correctly, the old fashioned deregisration
> call WILL NOT be rejected for services that have been registered with an
> empty signature URL.  Is that the bug you are reporting?

   Yes, it was... But not anymore... the bug was in my code that had not
properly printed signatureURL (so I thought that it was not there). Sorry
for that, it happens (at least one good output from this email exchange is
that I found that signatureURL was missing in the documentation of the
Service List Response Object - could you add it there?).

PS. I wonder if you got my email asking about RDF output...? (Perhaps it
was missed under the peaks of Rockies :-))
M.

EMBL Outstation - Hinxton                Senger at EBI.ac.uk
European Bioinformatics Institute        Phone: (+44) 1223 494636
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus             (Switchboard:     494444)
Hinxton                                  Fax  : (+44) 1223 494468
Cambridge CB10 1SD
United Kingdom                           http://industry.ebi.ac.uk/~senger