[MOBY-dev] observations about registrations with RDF

Martin Senger senger at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Sep 23 00:29:40 UTC 2004

> >2) The service description, as returned in the RDF, lost its CDATA
> >protection. Perhaps it is correct,
> >

> Um... well, I removed it at your request, so... :-)

   No. I was requesting to have the *whole contents* of the RDF tag
surrounded as CDATA. And I am happy that you removed it. What I am talking
about here is to keep CDATA around service description (which is somewhere
inside the whole RDF tag). So we can keep the service description exactly
the same as it was registered without mangling with escaping.
   Sorry if I have not expressed myself clearly.

> Well, I strongly disagree with you :-)   Gosh, THAT has never happened
> before!  ;-)

   Well, my last email crossed your answer here. I came to the same
conclusion: security. So I do not have now such strong desire to keep the
old deregistration in place. However, the new system is for service
instances only - we still can have kids around removing our data types,
namespaces, service types and providers. So we need anyway to think about
these, too - which may give us some way how to deregister services with
signatureIRL.

EMBL Outstation - Hinxton                Senger at EBI.ac.uk
European Bioinformatics Institute        Phone: (+44) 1223 494636
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus             (Switchboard:     494444)
Hinxton                                  Fax  : (+44) 1223 494468
Cambridge CB10 1SD
United Kingdom                           http://industry.ebi.ac.uk/~senger