[MOBY-dev] need help with register service :)

Ardavan Kanani kanani at cshl.edu
Wed May 5 15:14:57 UTC 2004

Hello all,

I am trying to register service called getIndvsOnPanel() that takes a
panel lsid and returns a collection of simple objects with their id set
to the individual's lsid on that panel.  Here is how I am registering
the service:

sub register_getIndvsOnPanel_service {
   my ($C, $description) = @_;
   my $reg = $C->registerService(
                                 serviceName  => "getIndvsOnPanel",
                                 authURI      => $authURI,
                                 contactEmail => $email,
                                 description  => $description,
                                 URL          => $url,
                                 input        => ['panelLSID', ["Object"
=> []] ],
                                 output       => ['indvLSID', [["Object"
=> []]] ],
                                 category     => "moby",
                                 serviceType  => "Retrieval",
   );
   die "Bad return value from registerService for getIndvsOnPanel
service.\n" unless $reg;
   if ($reg->success == 1){
     print "Registration successful for getIndvsOnPanel service.\n";
   }
   else {
     print "Registration failed for getIndvsOnPanel service: ",
$reg->message, "\n";
   }
}

I get the following error message:

Can't use string ("indvLSID") as an ARRAY ref while "strict refs" in
use at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/MOBY/Client/Central.pm line
710.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks, Ardavan Kanani