[MOBY-dev] extensive updates

Mark Wilkinson mwilkinson at mrl.ubc.ca
Thu Dec 16 16:30:52 UTC 2004

Hi all,

Those of you running MOBY locally, using any of the MOBY::Client::*
libraries, and/or running local copies of gbrowse_moby will need to do
an update on *everything* to accommodate the new XML parsing libraries
that we are now using.  We replaced the XML parser in all core MOBY
modules (both client and server side), the gbrowse_moby script itself,
and in all of the gbrowse_moby renderers.

No new configuration is required - just CVS update and install as usual.

This doesn't give us any new functionality right now, but it does mean
that we will soon be "safely" parsing XML, since the new library is
namespace-aware (until now we have been relying on people using the
moby: prefix to mean the same thing... eeek!)

Cheers everyone!

Mark

--
Mark Wilkinson