[MOBY-dev] question about the bioMoby python API

wong.yan at netcourrier.com wong.yan at netcourrier.com
Thu Dec 2 21:13:47 UTC 2004

at my level, I believe it is an error, because the tag represent an object with a string inside (so what's the use of the body tag??). However, the SOAP call is still valid (so I work on a workaround for it).

A work around on the ZSI patch will surely solve this issue, I am working it but at little speed...

look at the file ZSI-1.5.0-patched/ZSI/TC.py:

at the line: 254:
            if len(_child_elements(elt)) == 0:
                raise EvaluateException("Any cannot parse untyped element",
                        ps.Backtrace(elt))

maybe a "return elt" (elt as a string) instead of "raise Exception etc.." should be sufficient...
however, the Body is followed by the <[CDATA tag, this tag should be dropped in order to treat the MobyContent

There may be another solution, define a class call Body but ZSI, the technique is described in the ZSI documentation page but the example with the "from ZSI import Path" doesn't work as the Path file is inexistant and make the script fail.

link to the documentation of ZSI
http://pywebsvcs.sourceforge.net/zsi.html

see chapter 2.2.2 for defining a class for ZSI.

Web/Wap : www.netcourrier.com
Téléphone/Fax : 08 92 69 00 21 (0,34 € TTC/min)
Minitel: 3615 NETCOURRIER (0,16 € TTC/min)