[unclassified] [MOBY-dev] Update for the bioMoby Python API

Mark Wilkinson mwilkinson at mrl.ubc.ca
Wed Aug 11 14:45:58 UTC 2004

Hi Yan!

That is great news - thank you for all you efforts!

I will pick up the code from your page later today and put it into the
CVS if you agree to that.  I don't recall if you requested CVS access or
not.  If you want it, please send a message to:  root-l at open-bio.org
and tell them you want to be a MOBY developer (c.c. to me please).  It
usually only takes them a few days to look after such requests.

Best wishes!

Mark

On Wed, 2004-08-11 at 03:04, Yan Wong wrote:
> As my internship is almost finished, I deliver my last update of the
> bioMoby Python API on the website:
> http://bioserv.rpbs.jussieu.fr/RPBS/html/an/T0_Software.html
>
> in the package you'll find:
> -the API itself with changes (cf changelog and the howto.pdf)
> -two little programs:
>   moby2python: It translates by default the whole ontology into a Python
> package (it helps me to import some bioMoby objects)
>   wx/objectBrowser: A wxPython program that displays the  structure of
> the ontology in a tree view (for more detail consult the doc/howto.pdf).
>
> Changes:
> -MobyMarshal, MobyUnmarshal, serialize deserialize xml objects<-> python
> objects
> -ServiceQuery before requires a dictionary, now you can enter parameters
> directly:
> before:
>   sq=ServiceQuery({'serviceName':'Service'})
> now:
>   sq=ServiceQuery(serviceName='Service')
>
> For register/deregister, same thing, no need to enter parameters in a
> dictionary except for the Service object (as you can either enter a WSDL
> or the dictionary to build the Service object)
>
> The ontology has been integrated as a Python module in the src/ontology
> directory, thus it is possible to manipulate Moby Objects like any other
> Python objects (for example make a link between bioPython objects and
> bioMoby objects).
>
> It would be nice if someone could CVS the whole thing as I still don't
> know if I am still not able to CVS!
Mark Wilkinson (mwilkinson at mrl.ubc.ca)
University of British Columbia iCAPTURE Centre