[MOBY-dev] Re: Please introduce yourself.

Michael Gruenberger mgruenb at gmx.net
Sun Nov 9 13:32:02 UTC 2003

Hello Moby developers,

my name is Michael Gruenberger and I work as developer on Pathbase,
which is a database of histopathology photomicrographs and macroscopic
images derived from mutant or genetically manipulated mice and we are
based at the Department of Anatomy, University of Cambridge.
We have already implemented 5 ontologies (from GO + OBO) to describe our
data and the next step will be to create a SOAP service and register it
with Moby. If you are interested in more info, please have a look at:
http://www.pathbase.net

I will probably be lurking for a while to see what's going on, but
mainly I want to create a Moby service for our database and use some
other services as client. As I have written most of our web application
/ services in PHP I might want to port the Moby API to PHP or maybe
write some wrapper functions to call the Perl API. But maybe I
misunderstood Moby completely and this doesn't make any sense at all?!

Anyway, I thought I'll subscribe to the moby-dev list to see what's
happening in the development area of Moby and if it would be feasible or
useful to port Moby to PHP. So it would be great if you could let me
know what you think about the idea!

Cheers,

Michael.

--
Michael Gruenberger
Computer Officer, University of Cambridge