[MOBY] [MOBY-dev] Hello from the "Motherland"

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Thu May 15 17:26:46 UTC 2003

(oh... and welcome :-)   I'm also sad that I can't make it over to
England for the myGrid hackathon, but there just aren't enough hours in
the day, nor days in the month, to do everything that needs to be done.
Next time!

Cheers!

Mark

On Thu, 2003-05-15 at 12:00, Duncan Hull wrote:
> Dear Moby-Dev
>
> First I should introduce myself, my name is Duncan and I'm working with
> Carole Goble and Phil Lord in Manchester, England to add semantics to
> biomoby central - "Semantic Web Services" - if you like.
>
> Second, I have a few questions that I hope moby-dev can answer or at
> least shed some light on:
>
> 1. Which version of My-SQL is best to use, does it matter? The options are:
> MySQL-server-VERSION.i386.rpm
> MySQL-devel-VERSION.i386.rpm
> MySQL-shared-VERSION.i386.rpm
> according to
> http://www.mysql.com/documentation/mysql/bychapter/manual_Installing.html#Linux-RPM
>
> 2. Mark Wilksinson (Hi again, its a real shame you can't make it back to
> the "motherland" this summer) - I need a dump of the database
> MOBY_Central as detailed in your notes on
> http://www.biomoby.org/InstallingMOBYCentral.html
>
> 3. Which version of biomoby central is the most stable and would be
> suitable for checkpointing from CVS I need a stable version of moby
> central that I can sandbox and play around with in the lab? Currently,
> just need a version so I can get at the DAG classification of services
> in the database.
>
> Any help / pointers appreciated.
>
> -- Duncan
>
> http://www.cs.man.ac.uk
>
> No electrons were hurt in the making of this email

                                    |--==\
Mark Wilkinson, Ph.D.                \==-|
Bioinformatics Consultant             \=/        0010010010100101110010
Illuminae Media                       /-\
727 6th Ave. N.                      /-==|       0010100100111101010010
Saskatoon, SK, Canada               |==-/
S7K 2S8                              \=/         0100100100010010010101
+1 (306) 373 3841                     /\
markw at illuminae.com                  /=-\        1101001010100101010101
                                    |--==\