[MOBY-dev] my rash of commits

Duncan Hull duncan.hull at cs.man.ac.uk
Tue Jun 24 17:18:57 UTC 2003

Hi Mark

Mark Wilkinson wrote:

>I haven't thought about it deeply enough to realize all of the
>consequences of this limitation, but it does certainly mean that you may
>need to do several queries against the registry if you wish to fully
>decompose your object and discover all possible services that could
>operate on any sub-component of it.

This is interesting.

Can you give some *concrete* examples of the following

1. Decomposing objects
2. Discovering all possible services that could operate on any
sub-component of it
3. The ISA, HAS, HASA relationships
(in addition to the abstract definitions of
HAS - contains one or more instances of...
HASA - contains exactly one instance of...
ISA - inherits from...)

This would be very useful for me (and I hope other moby-devs) as I'm
trying to understand whats going on here.

Duncan