[MOBY-dev] Re: [MOBY] Re: [MOBY-l] moby questions

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Tue Jun 17 18:03:10 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-06-17 at 11:54, Martin Senger wrote:

> > It would be nice however, if there were a way to create HAS
> > relationships in addtion to HAS-A.  If there already is such
> > functionality, please advise.

the three relationship types we currently have are:

HAS - contains one or more instances of...
HASA - contains exactly one instance of...
ISA - inherits from...

>    I will look at it. I know that the relationaships were extended just at
> the end of the hackathon - and I am not sure now, what is the current
> status. Mark, are there the planned chnages in relationship already in
> place? Could you somehow say what you have changed recently in the API
> regading the new forms of relationship please?

I haven't changed anything since the hackathon - only debugging.

There are no plans to add a new relationship type, but that isn't a
decision, it is merely a lack of need at the moment.  If there is a need
for a new type, we can certainly make one :-)  I say that flippantly
because we currently have no way of converting our RDF into XSD, so we
can do anything we like now at put off the pain of interpreting it until
later ;-)

Mark Wilkinson <markw at illuminae.com>
Illuminae