[MOBY-dev] speaking of installation problems...

Ken Steube steube at sdsc.edu
Thu Jan 30 16:50:25 UTC 2003

On 30 Jan 2003, Mark Wilkinson wrote:
> What is the current state of affairs with Ken and Simon?

I have successfully created a service.  Biggest difficulty:  a lack of
examples.  MOBY and SOAP::Lite dispatch aren't at all intuitive and it
would help a lot to have some working examples and simple instructions
on how to install and run them at my site. I wasn't sure of what to do
with URIs and that was a big stumbling block.

Now I'm busily studying some of the technologies MOBY uses in preparation
for writing services for our plant phosphorylation site at
http://plantsp.sdsc.edu.

By the way, I set up my own MOBY Central only so that I can learn how
service registration works.  Once I have a good grasp on using Central
I'll ditch mine and use yours.

Ken

Ken Steube            steube at sdsc.edu
San Diego Supercomputer Center @ UCSD