[GSoC] Interested in SeqRecord abstraction layer for antiSMASH project - GSoC

Manikumar Perla manikumarperla18 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 10:50:52 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I am Manikumar a 2nd-year computer science undergraduate from Hyderabad. I
would like to work on the project-"Biopython Seqrecord access abstraction
layer for antiSMASH". I have been programming in python for about 2 years
now and possess good command over the language. As part of our curriculum,
we have learned applied cell and molecular biology which include
Biomolecules, Cell Morphology, Cellular Genetics etc. My knowledge of
biology as well as programming makes me fluent in writing effective
programs in various streams of biological sciences. I have been looking
through the project for about a few days now and have been reading the
documentation.

I would like to discuss this in detail and start working on this project at
the earliest.

Best regards

PLN Manikumar
2nd-year B.Tech Computer Science Engineering,
Mahindra Ecole Centrale
Phone: +91-8500819981