[GSoC] Accepted for GSoC 2017

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 7 14:59:14 UTC 2017

Dear Kai, and the 2016 mentors and students,

Thanks again Kai for getting a successful proposal ready for GSoC
2017, having also looked after the administration of the OBF's
GSoC 2016.

Now would be a great time for an OBF GSoC blog post drawing
the attention of potential students and mentors, and maybe come
up with more nice project ideas for GSoC 2017.

The best way to do that would be a wrap-up post for GSoC 2016,
like we did last time for GSoC 2014 (sadly we were not part of
GSoC 2015):

https://news.open-bio.org/2015/02/23/obf-gsoc-2014-wrapup/

All we need is just one paragraph from each GSoC 2016 project -
this could be very easy if you've already written a final blog post
for your project - and we'd like to link to that.

I'm willing to co-ordinate this, so you can reply to just me and
(CC Kai) with the text and links.

2016 Students: In addition, please email you the URL for your
GSoC blog and GitHub account (or equivalent if relevant), which
I propose to retrospectively add to this post:

https://news.open-bio.org/2016/04/25/welcome-gsoc-2016-students/

Thank you,

Peter

(Biopython developer; former GSoC mentor; OBF treasurer
and former OBF secretary)