[GSoC] 10th coding week

Sarah Berkemer sarah.berkemer at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 09:48:00 UTC 2014

Hello,

the 10th coding week began and we are getting closer to our goal. The
current version of the transalign program is faster than the original
version and needs less memory (34 GB) than the original one (53 GB).
Last week I worked on this and replaced an IntMap by a HashMap in the
program. Here is the blog post: http://biohaskell.org/GSoC_blog/Weeks_8and9

This week I will try to reduce the memory consumption a bit more such that
it will be possible to run the program on a standard computer. For this
purpose, I will try to include Judy arrays. Here is the blog post for the
10th week: http://biohaskell.org/GSoC_blog/Weeks_10and11

Have a nice week,

Sarah