[GSoC] 7th coding week

Eric Talevich eric.talevich at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 05:15:57 UTC 2014

Hi Sarah and Team BioHaskell,

Do you suppose the performance tradeoffs would be any different after the
application is parallelized? (For example, some portion of the workflow
that is more difficult to parallelize begins to dominate CPU usage -- or
perhaps one data structure parallelizes better than another.) If so, would
it make sense to first do the parallelization as you described in your
project plan, and then return to profiling-guided optimizations?

Cheers,
Eric